ET Solar New Energy Co., Ltd Photovoltaic Module Limited Warranty
1. Limited Product Warranty
If a module malfunctions or becomes inoperative due to a defect in workmanship or material during the ten-year period of this warranty, ET Solar will, at its sole option, either repair or replace the module in problem, or refund the then-current market value of the same type module. The repair, replacement, or refund remedies shall be the sole and exclusive remedies provided under this “Limited Warranty”.
Any deterioration in appearance of the modules (including any scratches, stains, mechanical wear, rust, or mold), or any other changes to the modules which occur after delivery to the customer, do not constitute a defect under this Limited Warranty unless it materially impairs the product’s power output as warranted pursuant to clause 2. A claim in the event of glass breakage arises only to the extent that there was no external cause to the breakage.
This “Limited Product Warranty” does not warrant a specific power output, which shall be exclusively covered under clause 2 hereinafter (“Limited Power Warranty”).
2. Limited Power Warranty
B. Limited Pmax Warranty
ET Solar further warrants that, for a period of twenty-five (25) years from the warranty start date, each single module will exhibit the power output as set forth below:
For poly module, no less than 97.5% of the Pmax for the first twelve (12) months, and thereafter no more than 0.65% of Pmax degradation for each twelve (12) months, ending with no less than 81.9% in the 25th year.
For mono module, no less than 97% of the Pmax for the first twelve (12) months, and thereafter no more than 0.65% of Pmax degradation for each twelve (12) months, ending with no less than 81.4% in the 25th year.
C. Limited Remedies
If the power output of the module tested by the third party which is appointed or accepted by ET Solar under Standard Test Conditions does not meet the above levels within the specified warranty period, and proved that the power loss is caused by ET Solar exclusively, then upon accepting and confirming the proof from customer, ET Solar will, at its sole option, either  make up such loss in power by either (a) providing additional modules to the customer or (b) refunding the then-current market price equivalent to the additional modules or  repair or replace the defective modules including free shipping to the place applied by ET Solar. The remedies set forth in Clause 2 are the sole and exclusive remedies provided under the “Limited Power Warranty”. This “Limited Power Warranty” does not warrant defects in workmanship and materials, which shall be exclusively covered under “Limited Product Warranty”.
3. Warranty Start Date
4. Not Independent Warranties
5. Exclusions and Limitations
B. These Limited Warranties shall not be applied to the modules which in ET Solar’s sole judgment have
been subjected to :
1) Improper installation, application, maintenance or alternation which do not strictly follow the manufacturer’s “Installation Manual”;
2) Use on mobile(non-stationary) units or in marine application or extreme thermal environment or other abnormal environment (such as acid rain, salt, chemical substances or other pollutions)or extremely rapid change of surroundings, corrosion, oxidation;
3) Power failure, electrical spikes or surges, lighting, flood, fire, accidental breakage and other external factors;
4) Damage caused by the improper storage condition of customer;
5) Misuse, abuse, neglect, vandalization or accident;
6) The type or serial number of the module has been altered, removed or made illegible without written authorization from ET Solar.
7) The components in the construction based on which the modules are mounted are defective;
8) Other events beyond ET Solar’s control.
C. These Limited Warranties only cover the transportation costs (except the air freight) for shipment of any additional repaired or replaced modules to the place applied by ET Solar. Any costs for returning the modules to ET Solar or its authorized agents and authorized distributors, or costs associated with installation, removal, reinstallation of the modules, or customs clearance shall be borne by the customers. The reasonable, customary, documented transportation cost of returning the modules shall be borne by ET Solar only if it is authorized by After-sales Service Department of ET Solar. ET Solar is not liable for any expense, liability or responsibility incurred for repairs made by or for customer without ET Solar’s written authorization.
6. Limitation of Warranty Scope
8. Obtaining Warranty Performance
Obtain ET Solar Customer Service:
ET Solar Customer Service Center (Global)
19F, Block C, Wanda Plaza, Jianye District, Nanjing 210019, China
Tel: +86 25 8966 5818
Fax: +86 25 8966 5918
Obtain importer Customer Service:
One Stop Warehouse Pty Ltd
Brisbane Office: 2 Prospect Place, Berrinba, QLD 4117
T: (07) 3209 4940
Perth Office: U2 / 17 Baile Rd, Canning Vale, WA6155
T: (08) 6261 3882
Melbourne Office: 1-3 Ventura Place, Dandenong South, VIC 3175
T: (03) 8510 1175
Sydney Office: 18 John Hines Avenue, Minchinbury, NSW 2770
T: (02) 9604 5850
Adelaide Office: U2 / 25-27 Musgrave Ave, Welland, SA 5007
T: (08) 8260 6856
11. Force Majeure
1. In the event of any inconsistency among different versions of this warranty statement, the Chinese version shall prevail in China including Taiwan, Macao and Hong kong, meanwhile the English version shall prevail in any other countries except China.
2. The installation and handling of PV modules requires professional skills and should only be performed by qualified professionals. Claims under this warranty will be honored only if the customer can provide the proof that the modules are under normal application, installation, use and service conditions specified in ET Solar’s latest version of “Installation Manual”.
Installation | Safety instructions | Maintenance
1 Purpose of this guide
This guide contains information regarding the installation and safe handling of ET Solar photovoltaic modules (hereafter referred to as “modules”). All instructions should be read and understood before attempting installation. If there are any questions, please contact your dealer or ET Solar for further information. The installer should conform to all safety precautions in the guide when installing modules. Before installing a solar photovoltaic system, the installer should become
familiar with the mechanical and electrical requirements for photovoltaic systems. Keep this guide in a safe place for future reference. If not otherwise specified, it is recommended that the requirements of the U.S. National Electrical Code (NEC) or respective European Code be followed.
Non-compliance with this installation instruction may result in property damage and/or physical injury. ET Solar will not be liable for compensation of any loss or injury caused by this type of noncompliance.
- Installing solar photovoltaic systems requires specialized skills and knowledge. The installer assumes all risk of injury, including risk of electric shock. Module installation should be performed only by qualified persons.
- All modules come with a permanently attached junction box and #12 AWG (4 mm²) wire terminated in Multi Contact PV connectors. Your dealer can provide additional extension cables to simplify module wiring.
- Each individual module can generate DC voltages greater than 30 volts (V) when exposed to direct sunlight. Contact with a DC voltage of 30 V or more is potentially hazardous. Exercise caution when wiring or handling modules exposed to sunlight.
- When disconnecting wires connected to a photovoltaic module that is exposed to sunlight, an electric arc may occur. Arcs can cause burns, start fires or otherwise create safety problems. Exercise caution when disconnecting wiring on modules exposed to sunlight.
- Photovoltaic solar modules convert light energy to direct-current electrical energy, and are designed for outdoor use. Proper design of support structures is the responsibility of the system designer and installer.
- Modules may be ground mounted, pole mounted, or mounted on rooftops.
- Do not apply paint or adhesive to the module.
- When installing modules, observe all applicable local, regional and national codes and regulations. Obtain a building and/or electrical permit where required.
- Storage Temperature:-10℃～40℃, Storage Humidity:≤70%RH;
- Modules should operate at environmental temperature of between -40 to +85℃. If modules are to be installed in areas where the temperature may go outside the above range, please consult with ET Solarbefore installation.
- Do not attempt to disassemble the module, and do not remove any attached nameplatesor components. Doing so will void the warranty.Do not use mirrors or other hardware to artificially concentrate sunlight on the module.
2.1 Safety precautions for installing a solar photovoltaic system
- Solar modules produce electrical energy when exposed to sunlight. DC voltages may exceed 30V on a single exposed module.
- Only connect modules with the same rated output current in series. If modules are connected in series, the total voltage is equal to the sum of the individual module voltages.
- Only connect modules or series combinations of modules with the same voltage in parallel. If modules are connected in parallel, the total current is equal to the sum of individual module or series combination currents.
- Bypass diodes are preassembled in each module. Do not remove these diodes.
- Keep children well away from the system while transporting and installing mechanical and electrical components.
- Completely cover all modules with an opaque material during installation to prevent electricity from being generated.
- Do not wear metallic rings, watchbands, ear, nose, or lip rings or other metallic devices while installing or troubleshooting photovoltaic systems.
- Use appropriate safety equipment (insulated tools, insulating gloves, etc) approved for use on electrical installations.
- Observe the instructions and safety precautions for all other components used in thesystem, including wiring and cables, connectors, DC-breakers, mounting hardware, inverters, etc.
- Use only equipment, connectors, wiring and mounting hardware suitable for use in a photovoltaic system.
- Always use the same type of module within a particular photovoltaic system.
- Under normal operating conditions, PV modules will produce currents and voltages that are different from those listed in the date sheets. The values in the module data sheets are collected under very specific circumstances known as
- Standard Test Conditions.
- Short-circuit current and open-circuit voltages should be multiplied by a factor of 1.25 when determining component voltage ratings, conductor ampacity, fuse sizes and size of controls connected to the module or system output. An additional multiplying factor of 125 percent (80 percent de-rating) may be applicable.
2.2 General installation notes
- Drainage holes must not be covered with parts of the mounting system. The junction box has a breather port which must be mounted facing downward and cannot be exposed to the rain. The junction box should be on the higher side of the module when it is mounted in order to orient the breather port correctly.
- Do not lift the module by grasping the module’s junction box or electrical leads.
- Do not stand or step on module.
- Do not drop the module or allow objects to fall on the module.
- Do not place any heavy objects on the module.
- Do not scratch the anodized coating of the frame (except for grounding connection).
- Do not scratch the glass surface.
- Prior to installation, do not store modules outdoors or in a damp environment.
- Inappropriate transport and installation may damage the module glass or frame.
3 Mechanical Installation
3.1 Selecting the location
- Select a suitable location for installation of the module.
- For optimum performance, the module must be facing true south in northern latitudes and true north in southern latitudes.
- For detailed information on optimal module orientation, refer to standard solar photovoltaic installation guides or a reputable solar installer or systems integrator.
- Shading on the module will reduce electricity production.
- Do not install the module near equipment or in locations where flammable gases can be generated or collected.
3.2 Selecting the proper mounting structure and hardware
- Observe all instructions and safety precautions included with the mounting system to be used with the module.
- Do not drill holes in the glass surface of the module. Doing so will void the warranty.
- Do not drill additional mounting holes in the module frame. Doing so will void the warranty.
- Modules must be securely attached to the mounting structure using four mounting points for normal installation. If heavy wind or snow loads are anticipated, additional mounting points should also be used. Please see the drawing below.
- Load calculations are the responsibility of the system designer or installer.
- The mounting structure and hardware must be made of durable, anti-corrosion and UV-resistant material.
4 Mounting methods
4.1 Mounting with bolts
- Four or Eight pre drilled mounting holes, located on the aluminum alloy frame, are provided for ease of installation. They are designed to be used with metricM8 stainless steel screws. We recommend to use a tighten torque of 16-20 N.m.
- The module must be attached and supported by at least four bolts through the indicated mounting holes.
- Most installations will use the four inner mounting holes on the module frame.
- Depending on the local wind and snow loads, additional mounting points may be required.
4.2 Mounting with clamping hardware
- A minimum of four module clamps should be used, twi on each long/short frame side, in the general clamping areas denoted by the wide arrows on the drawing.
- Depending on the local wind and snow loads, additional module clamps may be required.
(e.g. if the snow load is a high as 5400pa, please use eight clamps on the long frame)
- Other mounting methods are acceptable as long as the minimun requirements as described under term 4.2 mounting with clamping hardware are met.
- If module clamps are used to secure the module, The torque should refer to mechanical design standard, we recommend the following torque for bolt:
4.3 Anti-salt module mounting procedure
- For photovoltaic systems to be installed near the coastline, we recommend using ET SOLAR Anti-salt modules with the following installation action items.
Mainstream Grounding Methods:
Grounding System Installation Steps:
1) Before the installation of each module, clean the frame installation area (35mm by 100mm surrounding the grounding hole) and keep it dry.
2) Choose either one of the two options described in the diagrams above to properly ground the module.
3) Spray varnish on the yellow portion of the diagram covering the entire grounding area. We recommend fluorocarbon varnish.
Recommended mounting methods
For mounting system with bolts, refer to picture 1 and 2.
To ensure optimum modules performance at project sites near the coastline, we recommend the following maintenance services once every 3 months
1) Inspect the frames, mounting systems, grounding holes and other easily corrodible areas.
2) Clean the frames, mounting systems, grounding holes and other areas subject to dust and salt accumulations.
To maintain and repair installation sites that are rusty and corroded:
1) Clean up the dust and salt accumulations around the rusty areas.
2) Spray fluorocarbon varnish on all installations and rusty areas. Make sure that no area is missed.
3) For other operation and maintenance guidance, please refer to near-coast installation standard.
- Aside from components that are parts of the grounding circuit, all other components should be insulated from the module frames using non-conductive gaskets.
- For fluorocarbon varnish or other chemicals, please follow the instructions strictly, personal protective equipment (such as goggle, mask, gloves etc) may be needed during the operation.
- No photovoltaic module should be installed within 50 meters from the edge of the coastline.
- In areas between 50 meters and 500 meters from the edge of the nearest coastline, we recommend ET SOLAR Anti-salt Modules to be used in photovoltaic energy systems installations.
- In areas greater than 500 meters from the edge of the nearest coastline, we recommend conventional modules to be used in photovoltaic energy systems installations.
5 Electrical Installation
- All module frames must be properly grounded.
- Observe all local electric codes and regulations.
- A bonding or toothed washer is required to make proper and reliable electrical grounding connection with the anodized aluminum frame.
- Devices listed and identified for grounding metallic frames of PV modules are permitted to ground the exposed metallic frames of the module to grounded mounting structures.
- Consider using a lay-in lug, rated for outdoor use, if the module grounding conductor is to be larger than #10 AWG.
- When using lay-in lugs, the grounding conductor should be inserted into theopening indicated in the figure, and secured using the set screw.
- Expect for equipment grounding, ET Solar recommends the negative pole of PV module array is connected to earth during all PV system installations. That will keep optimal performance of PV Power Plants, which are located in a hot, high humidity climate and high Maximum System Voltage.
- The junction box on each PV module has two wires that terminate in a male and a female connector. When the modules are to be connected in series, the male connector should be plugged into the female connector of the neighboring module while the female connector should be plugged into the male connector of the other neighboring module.
- When connecting parallel modules strings to the distribution box, use proper third-party PV system connectors with suitable length PVF type cable which are qualified for EN50521 and 2PFG1169. All field wiring cables must have large enough cross-sectional areas approved for use at the maximum short-circuit current of the PV module. ET Solar recommends that installers use only sunlight resistant cables (PVF1 type) for direct current (DC) wiring in PV systems. The recommended minimum wire size should be 4 mm² and must be subject to the local national codes and regulations.
- The connecting cables must not cross each other and must be kept away from direct sunlight, heat source and any static pool of water. The cables should be secured by the modules mounting structure and should maintain a distance of at least 25 mm from one another with no possibility of coming into contact.
- The connectors should be kept dry and clean. Do not attempt to make electrical connections between wet, soiled, or otherwise faulty connectors. Faulty connections can result in electrical shocks and arcs.
5.3 General electrical installation
- Do not use modules of different configurations in the same system.
- This module is supplied with Multi Contact connectors for electrical connections.
- Refer to local code to determine appropriate types and temperature ratings of conductors. Wiring should be #12 AWG, 4 mm² (minimum) and must be temperature rated at 90 °C (minimum).
- Completely cover system modules with an opaque material to prevent electricity from being generated while disconnecting conductors.
- Refer to local code to determine over current, conductor ampacity and size requirements.
- Installation shall be in accordance with local code.
- For best performance, ensure that positive and negative DC wires run closely together to avoid loops.
Electrical shock hazard!
Do not touch bare conductors or other potentially energized parts.
5.4 Electrical ratings of the concerned modules
Please refer to ET module datasheets. Datasheets can be downloaded from website: www.etsolar.com.
6 Testing, debugging and troubleshooting
- Blocking diode can be used in PV system to prevent reverse current from the battery if there is no photovoltaic current in the module. If charge controllers are not used, then it is recommended to use blocking diodes. For more details on charge controllers, please consult with professionals.
- In cases where two or more modules are connected serially in a system, if part of the modules are occluded and the other part are exposed to the sun, the high reverse current will flow partially or completely through the module, causing the modules to overheat and even damaging the modules. Bypass diode used in modules can protect modules from such impact of excessive reverse current..The bypass diodes have been integrated in the junction box.
- Operators should protect themselves from electrical shock during debugging or maintenance of solar systems.
Test procedure for modules serial connected before connect them to the PV system.
- Use digital multimeter to check the total open circuit voltage of the serially connected modules. The results should be equal to the sum of the open circuit voltage of individual modules, which can be found from the label on the modules. If the total open circuit voltage is much lower than expected, please follow the following procedure in this instruction.
Troubleshooting for low voltage
- There are two causes of low open circuit voltage, environmental change or circuit fault. The drop of irradiance or increase of environmental temperature reduces the open circuit voltage, which is normal. The troubleshooting here refers to the low voltage caused by circuit faults, which is usually due to incorrect connection of terminals or damage of bypass diodes.
- First, check all wiring connections, and ensure they are well-connectedinto the PV system. Then check the modules one by one as below:
- Measure the open circuit voltage of a module.
- Cover the module completely with opaque material.
- Disconnect the module from the system.
- Remove the opaque material from the module, and measure its open circuit voltage.
- If the measured voltage is one third or two thirds of the rated value, it indicates that bypass diodes don’t work well,and should be replaced.
ET Solar recommends the following maintenance items to ensure optimal performance of the module:
- Clean the glass surface of the module as necessary. It is recommended to clean the glass surface with pressured running water compliance with local drinking standards, e.g. low mineral content, near neutral PH value. The maximum water pressure recommended is 1 MPa and the water jet is at least 50cm away from the glass surface. Do not use dishwasher detergent. Do not have water staying on the glass surfaces of PV modules for a long time.
- If a module power decreases abnormally, and its glass surface is found covered by dust, please contact your module installer, retailer or ET solar immediately for technical support.
- Do not attempt to clean a module if the front glass is broken or the backsheet is perforated.
- Electrical and mechanical connections should be checked periodically by qualified personnel to verify that they are clean, secure and undamaged.
- Check the electrical and mechanical connections periodically to verify that they are clean, secure and undamaged.
- Problems should only be investigated by qualified personnel.
- Observe the maintenance instructions for all other components used in the system.
Shutting down the system
- Completely cover system modules with an opaque material to prevent electricity from being generated while disconnecting conductors.
- Disconnect system from all power sources in accordance with instructions for all other components used in the system.
- The system should now be out of operation and can be dismantled. In doing so, observe the all safety instructions as applicable to installation.
8 Disclaimer of liability
Because the use of this manual and the conditions or methods of installation, operation, use and maintenance of photovoltaic products are beyond ET Solar’s control, ET Solar does not accept responsibility and expressly disclaims liability for loss, damage, or expense arising from or in any way connected with improper installation, operation, use or maintenance . Improper installation, operation, use or maintenance means that installation, operation, use or maintenance does not strictly follow this manual and/or the local, regional and national codes and regulations.
ET Solar shall not be any way responsible or liable for natural causes, including but not limited to normal wear and tear of photovoltaic products, the natural effects of exposure to weather conditions over time and the outdoor dust build-up.
ET Solar shall not be in any way responsible or liable for the end user Customer or any third-party arising out of any non-performance or delay in performance of any terms and conditions of sale, including this manual, due to fire, flood, blizzard, hurricane, thunder, acts of God, changes of public policies, terrorism, war, riots, strikes, unavailability of suitable and sufficient labor or materials and other events which are out of control of ET Solar.
No responsibility is assumed by ET Solar for any infringement of patents or other rights of third parties, which may result from use of the PV product. No license is granted by implication or otherwise under any patent or patent rights.
The information in this manual is based on ET Solar’s knowledge and experience and is believed to be reliable, but such information including product specification (without limitations) and suggestions does not constitute a warranty, expressed or implied. ET Solar reserves the right to change the manual, the product, the specifications, or product information sheets without prior notice.
Information about manufacturer:
ET Solar China
19F, Block C, Wanda Plaza
Jianye District, Nanjing 210019, China
Tel: 86 25 86898098
Fax: 86 25 86898097
Please consult your dealer or the manufacturer concerning the warranty of your modules. If you have any further questions, your dealer and ET Solar will gladly assist you.
Subject to technical modifications without notice.
We Make Solar Evolve
Rich Product Portfolio & Innovative Product Strategy, satisfy customer
needs to the best, and keep the customers’ overall costs to the lowest.
High Conversion Efficiency
Industry-leading processing techniques realize great module
efficiency to a maximum of 18.13%, steady power output
Anti-reflective Coating and Reduce O&M Costs
Easier to clean by rainwater to remove dirt on the glass surface,
making higher power output and lower maintenance costs.
0 to +5W Positive Tolerance
Gain more power yields than expected.
Excellent Loading Capability
2400Pa wind loads, 5400Pa snow loads.
Durable and long-lasting.
Top-quality & Trustworthy Product
Rigorous Quality Management System built.
Multiple internationally recognized PV industry standard
25-year performance warranty
10-year warranty on materials and workmanship
Note: the specifications are obtained under the Standard Test Conditons (STCs): 1000 W/m2 solar irradiance, 1.5 Air Mass, and cell temperature of 25℃. The NOCT is obtained under
the Test Conditions: 800 W/m2, 20℃ ambient temperature, 1m/s wind speed, AM 1.5 spectrum.
Please contact email@example.com for technical support. The actual transactions will be subject to the contracts. This parameters is for reference only and it is not a part of the contracts.
The specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
The connectors listed in the datasheets are for reference only and it is not a part of the contract. The connector we use for the customer’s order is not limited to the types listed in the datasheet,
which is subject to change without prior notice. The installers need to use the same connector type to PV system.